What days are the games played?
- Games are played on Saturdays throughout most of the day. For the House League Under 8 Division and above, there could be one or two games per season played on Sundays due to arena availability.
- The Learn to Play program plays on Saturdays except for long weekends.
What times are the games played on Saturday?
- The Learn to Play program plays Saturday Mornings at 9:00am and the other divisions follow in order of age. If the ball hockey program grows there could be an opportunity to start at 8:00am but presently the program begins at 9:00am.
Where are the games played?
- Games are played at Alder Street Arena or Tony Rose Memorial Arena in Orangeville. The Town of Orangeville will be confirming the arena allocations for the upcoming season in March, 2023.
How many games per week?
- The players will usually play one game per week.
Do the players have practices?
- Our main program does not have practices, however players selected for the Orangeville Warriors Representative Team will have practices as scheduled by their coaches.
Do you have programs for girls and boys?
- The OMBHL is a co-ed league where boys and girls play together. If there are enough registrations in 2023, the OMBHL could offer a Girls Only division.
When does the season start and end?
- The House League season starts in late April and continues until late June. There are no games on long weekends.
- In July, the Orangeville Warriors Representative Teams in their respective divisions will compete in the OBHF Provincial Tournament against other cities across the province. The tournament usually takes place in early to mid July.
What equipment is required?
- Please visit the Equipment Requirements Page for more detailed information.
What are the Ball Hockey Rules?
- Please visit the Rules Page for more information.
What are the age groups?
The age groups are as follows:
What is the cost to register?
Learn to Play program: $169.00
All other ages: $219.00
** There is a family discount of $10 off for the second child.
How do I register?
- Registrations can be made online at www.orangevilleballhockey.com.
- Also, in-person registrations can be made at locations/times that are updated on the website.
What do I get with my registration fee?
- All registered players will receive a player package consisting of team Jersey, shorts and socks. Players will have league games officiated by CBHA certified referees, an OBHF membership with OBHF/CBHA insurance coverage. All statistics are officially recorded on the league website and there is an opportunity to play Provincially for the Warriors program and even Nationally through CBHA sanctioned events.
Can I sponsor?
- Yes, please visit the Sponsorship Information Page for more information.
Are there different divisions for different skill levels?
- Yes, the league offers a House League program as well as a Competitive Division program if there are enough registrations. Also, players who would like to play competitively have an opportunity to play for the Orangeville Warriors Representative Program.
What and when are the OBHF Provincial Championships?
- The Ontario Ball Hockey Federation Provincial Championships are Tournaments held in July. All participating leagues from Ontario send teams in hope of winning a Provincial title. The location of the tournaments vary by year and are held in early/mid July.
How can I play for the Orangeville Warriors Provincial Tournament Team?
- The opportunity is open to all of the members. You can register your interest and the Coaching staffs selected by the OMBHL will select players during the course of the season.
Is there a cost to play for the Orangeville Warriors?
- Yes there is a cost to play for the Orangeville Warriors which is established at the beginning of the season.